The General Assembly of the workers of the Music Ensemble at Greece’s public broadcaster ERT, which was closed without warning by the government but which has since been occupied by the workers and run as Europe’s first worker-managed TV station (broadcasting via internet), has come to the following resolution:
1) ERT is to become a] self-run public radio-television station, open to the major problems of Greece’s tortured society.
2) ERT is to become a real democratic means of expression of the popular desire for Democracy and Freedom.
3) There should be an elected Board of Directors, revocable, voted directly by the Greek people. This Board will undertake the safekeeping of polyphony and pluralism on the basis of Democracy and National Independance, as mentioned in the 1730/87 establishment law of ERT S.A.
4) Reactivation of ASKE (Representative Assembly of Social Control), of the Supervisory Board which will control and oversee the Board of Directors of ERT.
Every Greek citizen should have access and an inalienable right to communicate his opinion, his problem to the public radio-television.
The Music Ensembles as always undertakes to elevate the feeling of the Greek people through art, tradition, the Greek character and culture which, throughout the political changeover, have been brutally hit by every sort of political mechanism which, in combination with the trash of private television, have ruined every value-based background of our society.
We will not allow them to abolish the Music Ensembles of ERT, an oasis of civilization, the last bastion of culture and intellectual uplift.
– The workers of the Music Ensemble